Pressure washer does not turn on
When the power washer does not turn on, it is either due to no water flow or no electricity going to the power washer. In other words, either a water flow or an electrical problem.
The first area to check with the customer is water flow. There must be water flow through the system for the unit to turn on. The water flow check is as follows:
- The high-pressure hose, spray gun and lance must be connected to the power washer.
- The garden hose must be connected to the power washer using the garden hose adapter
- Turn the water completely on at the water faucet
- The power cord should not be plugged in
- Squeeze the trigger on the spray gun
- If there is water flow through the spray gun and lance, this confirms water flow is NOT the problem for the power washer not turning on
- If there is no water flow, perform the following troubleshooting procedures:
- Remove the lance, squeeze the trigger. If water flows, the lance is blocked. Use cleaning wire to clean the nozzle tip and try again
- If no water flow with lance removed, turn the water off. Remove the spray gun from the high pressure. Turn the water on, if water flows, the gun is the problem. Reattach the gun, turn the water on and squeeze the trigger. Sometimes this unblocks the gun. If not, replace the spray gun
- If no water flow with the gun removed, remove the high-pressure hose, turn the water on to make sure there is no blockage in the hose. This is very unlikely but we need to make sure.
- If no water flows out of the water outlet, the quick connect garden hose adapter is problem. See Garden Hose Adapter troubleshooting issue
Leave a Reply